What you can do TODAY:
- Contact Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who has been tasked with reviewing the national monuments. Contact him and tell him that our community has already spoken. Let him know you oppose weakening the protection of national treasures like Organ Mountains – Desert Peaks National Monument.
- The best way to contact him is via Twitter: @SecretaryZinke AND include the hashtags #MonumentsForAll #OMDP4NM and include @POTUS
- Secretary Zinke’s address in Washington D.C. for letters and postcards: 1849 C Street, N.W. Washington DC 20240 D.C. Phone: (202) 208-3100 Email form: https://www.doi.gov/feedback
- Contact Rep Steve Pearce and tell him that you strongly oppose any weakening of protection for Organ Mountains – Desert Peaks.
- Twitter: @RepStevePearce
- Phone: 855-4-PEARCE
- Address: 570 N Telshor Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011
- Write a letter to the editor telling YOUR story about why our monument is important for our community and why it matters to you. If you need help drafting your letter, e-mail us: email@example.com.
- Use a beautiful image of Organ Mountains – Desert Peaks National Monument on social media. Share photos of you, your family and friends out enjoying our Monument with the hashtags #MonumentsForAll and #OMDP4NM
- If you’re not a member of Friends of Organ Mountains – Desert Peaks, join. Encourage those you know who love our Monument to become a member: organmountainsdesertpeaks.org. A large constituency will help us demonstrate the deep and abiding love for the Monument.
- Follow @FriendsOMDP on Facebook and Twitter for updates
Protected public lands where we hunt, fish & camp are what makes America great. We stand with #OMDP4NM #MonumentsForAll! @SecretaryZinke
An attack on #MonumentsForAll is an attack on #NewMexican heritage. Protect #OMDP4NM! @SecretaryZinke @POTUS
ACT NOW: Defend our #MonumentsForAll! Tweet to @SecretaryZinke: http://ow.ly/Nlh630bgObn #KeepItPublic
#MonumentsForAll preserve our nation’s history, culture & natural wonders. RT to defend #NM heritage! @SecretaryZinke #KeepItPublic
What would Teddy Roosevelt do? Defend America’s #MonumentsForAll! #OMDP4NM @SecretaryZinke @POTUS
Attacking #OMDP4NM and #MonumentsForAll is deeply unpopular. http://ampr.gs/2pfvq7T @Interior @SecretaryZinke
Our economy will suffer if Trump eliminates or shrinks #OMDP4NM #MonumentsforAll: bit.ly/2pHgzD7 #KeepItPublic
#OMDP4NM tells the #NM story. Retweet to tell @SecretaryZinke & @POTUS not to rewrite history! #KeepItPublic #NMTrue
#OMDP4NM is #NMTrue